June 18, 2009 8:25 pm
Things making me happy today
- Scene: Yesterday evening. I am in the kitchen talking to Daniel. I happen to be wearing gray jammie-pants, dark gray tee, and his light gray sweatshirt.
Daniel: You are awfully monochromatic.
Me: Oh, ha, I–
Daniel: “By the power of GREYSCALE!”
- Our friends’ save-the-date that came in the mail today:
- Impromptu crafts, especially ones that involve Harry Potter:
(This is one of several. I don’t want to share them all just yet!)
- My birthday coming up on Sunday. Woo! I will be 24. And yes, my birthday this year IS Harry Potter themed, hence the crafts I am so spectacularly excited about. And the pumpkin pasties (as in, “Two pumpkin pasties please!” -Cho Chang) Daniel is currently making, and the butterbeer recipe I perfected yesterday.
- Our lovely visit with Daniel’s mom and sister this past weekend, wherein we ate a lot of wonderful food, celebrated Gretchen’s 30th birthday, had dinner for Kerri’s birthday, and generally had a very good time. Daniel’s mom brought our Christmas present with her, which was a hand-painted basket (she’s a basketmaker) painted with coffee! Rad!
Now, back to cleaning the apartment. I don’t usually think of myself as a very messy person, but YOW does the living room get filled with junk when I am not looking. Sweatshirts everywhere, half-finished craft projects all over, and piles of things waiting to be sorted…
Thanks for the good weekend and birthday celebration! love, gretch
From another Oregonian with a June 20th Birthday, Happy Birthday!
Happy Belated, I’m sorry I suck so much.
I actually saw your birthday coming up on facebook and I was determined to remember to say something to you about it, but I forgot until I read this! gaah.
Happy Birthday Meggan!
Also, Daniel is an insightful dude. You can tell him I said that.