November 24, 2011 1:52 pm
Thankful Thursday (Week 4)
This is the last installment of Thankful Thursday! Big thanks to B for the idea/inspiration.
- I’m thankful that I made up my own chili recipe on Friday and it worked wonderfully. It basically consisted of me looking at the recipe I printed out, mostly ignoring it, and adapting it to what we had in the pantry. I NEVER DO THIS. I am a strict Recipe Follower since I don’t trust myself not to ruin whatever it is I am trying to make. But it turned out! And it was really, really good!
- I’m thankful that the Pioneer Woman mashed potato recipe Daniel and I made this morning turned out. (How could it not be good, really?) I’ve never made mashed potatoes not from a box (embarrassing, yes) so I wasn’t sure what to expect, but these are amazing. You will not be disappointed.
- I’m thankful for Pinterest. It’s given me so many ideas and helped me refine the sort of aesthetic I like.
- I’m thankful that my dad was able to fix our car tire after it repeatedly kept going flat. This was a huge annoyance and it’s awesome that he knows how to fix things like that. (Daniel was excited to use the ZHOOP-ZHOOP hubcap bolt unscrewer thingy.)
- I’m thankful for all the lovely people in my life. Daniel, Wesley, our extended families, and all our wonderful friends.
I secretly love mashed potatoes from a box. I eat them as a snack. My fiance thinks I’m insane – and maybe I am.
I love that you are from Idaho but haven’t made mashed potatoes from scratch until today.
I’m with you on the Pinterest love. I can’t wait until I have the time to try out some of the projects I’ve found there.
Oh my god, the amount of butter in that recipe! I make mine WITHOUT butter and I still think they’re pretty damned tasty! I can’t make many things, but I can make mashed potatoes! The stuff from the box just does not compare!
Pinterest is srsly da bomb! I could get lost on that site for hours… in fact, I have. XD It’s hard not to when there are just so many amazing things, ideas, recipes, etc!
And OMG at that mashed potatoes recipe… I heartily lol’d at her quote of “Hey, look. It’s Thanksgiving. And I just happen to be thankful for butter.” … YES INDEED.
I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone (online or otherwise) of your age who hadn’t made mashed potatoes before. :x That said, I read the recipe and a) holy shit how much butter?! I use just a small knob in mine! and b) nice tip about putting them back on low heat to get rid of some of the wateryness (which has been a problem with some of my spuds lately)