November 3, 2011 9:03 pm
- I haven’t talked about this much yet, but my grandpa passed away October 27th, so I’m thankful to have lived to the age of 26 without having lost a grandparent before. He was a very quiet man and I didn’t know a lot about him until very recently, but I’m glad for having known him. I’m also thankful that he died naturally in his sleep instead of, say, after a lengthy hospital stay or debilitating illness. Going peacefully in your sleep is about as good as it can get, I think.
- I’m thankful that I get to see my other brother for a few days. He is fun to talk to, and I think we’d hang out if he lived here and not Boise.
- I’m thankful that Daniel, Wesley and I were able to visit Portland recently. I got to see so many friends! We like living here a lot, but we miss our Portland friends so it was nice being able to catch up. (If we missed seeing you, ACK! I am sorry! Hopefully we’ll be back soon. Or you could come visit.)
- I’m thankful for the freelance projects I’ve gotten recently.
- I’m thankful we’re making it work so I can stay at home with Wesley. It might not last forever, but I’m doing my best to enjoy it while it lasts.