October 3, 2008 3:23 pm
- Hating: Sarah Palin’s pronunciation of “nuclear,” the winking, the smarmy smile during rebuttals, and the shout-out to third-graders. Just… ugh. So unprofessional.
- Admiring: After Palin’s “I’M A MOM” shtick, Joe Biden’s choked-up response about being a single father after his wife and daughter were killed in an auto accident. Well played, sir, well played. I appreciate genuine feelings over rehearsed talking points.
- Considering: Purchasing a previous-generation iPod Nano since they are on sale for $99 and my ancient classic iPod is dead as a doornail. Trying to decide if I want to afford it.
- Waiting: I bought a super-cute jacket for fall and I hope it arrives soon. It looks like this:
- Giggling: Somebody, anybody, referring to McCain as “my sweet coconut.”
- Pondering: The upcoming sixth Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy book that will be written by Eoin Colfer. I couldn’t get into Artemis Fowl when I first tried to read it, so hopefully this will be easier to digest. I do appreciate this quote immensely though and it made me laugh:
“For years I have been finishing this incredible story in my head and now I have the opportunity to do it in the real world,” he added. “It is a gift from the gods. So, thank you Thor and Odin.”
File Under: General