I’ve decided I’m going to (re)start my knitting career by making a dishcloth. Yup. How very glamourous of me. I thought about making a scarf, but I started it too wide to begin with and then I think I really need bigger needles to make it less… stiff. The needles I’m using are 7’s – I got them at Goodwill yesterday for $2, along with the yarn. They’re good for dishcloth-type-things, but nothing too loose or flowy. It’d be like trying to wear a scarf made of cardboard.
Here’s my progress so far, since last night:
Mouse status: seen once today, bringing the total sightings up to two. Daniel has yet to see it. When I saw it, I shrieked “A MOUSE! THE MOUSE AGAIN!” and it got scared and ran away. Again.
We pulled back the couch to find him, and no mouse, but sure enough, mouse poop. Side note: over in the corner where the non-functional radiator and the built-in bookcase are, there was a weird… “open” area when we moved in, so I just covered it with a piece of cardboard. Upon further investigation tonight, the cardboard is bent (as if a mouse pushed under it) and the other wall just stops and the carpet stops and there’s a couple-inch-wide gap where you can just see dirt. Like, there’s not really a corner to the wall, it just goes directly to “under the building.” Fantastic.
Now, we’ve gotten to the point where we need to call pest control services since our traps weren’t working and we couldn’t really catch the mouse. Who knows, there might be more and we’re not equipped for that.