November 24, 2011 1:52 pm
This is the last installment of Thankful Thursday! Big thanks to B for the idea/inspiration.
- I’m thankful that I made up my own chili recipe on Friday and it worked wonderfully. It basically consisted of me looking at the recipe I printed out, mostly ignoring it, and adapting it to what we had in the pantry. I NEVER DO THIS. I am a strict Recipe Follower since I don’t trust myself not to ruin whatever it is I am trying to make. But it turned out! And it was really, really good!
- I’m thankful that the Pioneer Woman mashed potato recipe Daniel and I made this morning turned out. (How could it not be good, really?) I’ve never made mashed potatoes not from a box (embarrassing, yes) so I wasn’t sure what to expect, but these are amazing. You will not be disappointed.
- I’m thankful for Pinterest. It’s given me so many ideas and helped me refine the sort of aesthetic I like.
- I’m thankful that my dad was able to fix our car tire after it repeatedly kept going flat. This was a huge annoyance and it’s awesome that he knows how to fix things like that. (Daniel was excited to use the ZHOOP-ZHOOP hubcap bolt unscrewer thingy.)
- I’m thankful for all the lovely people in my life. Daniel, Wesley, our extended families, and all our wonderful friends.