I don’t know if it’s because I started watching Office Space last night or what, but today really threw me for a loop. Just a lot of unexpected stuff, mostly work-related, most of it disappointing. Nothing scary or anything like that, just… disappointing.
Today went by much slower than my Mondays usually go, which also did not help.
I hate when I can’t post about the things I want to post about.
Instead, here are five things I am thankful for today:
- Figuring out how to make the mantel above our not-really-a-fireplace look better. One would assume there’d be more articles online about how to decorate a mantel (not for the holidays!) but one would be wrong. Most of them were the weird old lady-type mantels that I wish I could describe but I can’t, and the ones that weren’t were mostly holiday themed. I’m good at holiday decorating I think, but the normal day-to-day interior decorating, not so much. But I am learning.
- Michael Connelly books. I read Echo Park first, and then The Closers, and now I’m on Chasing the Dime. He’s an author I know virtually nothing about but I’m finding his books incredibly enjoyable.
- The knowledge that my mom is making a quilt for Daniel and I as a wedding gift (with colors we like instead of colors she likes!), and my dad is making me a hope chest as a (really, really belated) graduation present. I like that my parents are so handy.
- Friends that don’t give me too much crap for watching the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy at least once a month. Because I do. And I am not ashamed.
- Netflix. We just finished Season 1 Disc 1 of Dexter, and even though I still think Dexter is pretty doofy-looking (I kept lamenting this every time he was on screen, much to Daniel’s chagrin – I can’t get over it, he looks so stupid half the time), I like the show a lot. The opening sequence squicks me out a bit but his sister is pretty funny and I like Angel Batista. Don’t tell me what happens with the Ice Truck Killer! We should be getting the next disc soon.
Was your Monday okay or was it inexplicably crap like mine?
File Under: General