On a whim, I decided to make wedding cake toppers this weekend. I’m not sure if we are going to use them or not, since we’re not having a traditional cake (just cupcakes, plus a giant cupcake for us to cut) but if we need them, we’ve got them.
I hadn’t poked eyes in them yet, so after I took the photo I went and did that and then baked them. Too bad I didn’t pay attention to them while they were in the oven – their little rear ends got toasted! They aren’t burnt burnt, but they are very brown on their tails and their beaks and feet are pretty dingy looking too. Dang. I figure frosting will hide some of it. I should take a “finished” photo so show off what they look like now.
I also started and finished a new embroidery project: a pegasus!
Here is a close-up of the feet. So cute!
The pegasus pattern also comes with a unicorn, which I hope to also embroider. The pattern is available for free here; click on “free patterns” in the sidebar categories section. I also really like her gnome pattern and I’m thinking about making it into a cover for one of our throw pillows.
Also upcoming craft-wise are some curtains for our living room. I bought a zillion yards of some super awesome material and am itching to use it. They will be short, just half-curtains, so we can open the blinds in the summer to get some light but still have some semblance of privacy.