November 17, 2011 12:49 pm
This week’s installment of Thankful Thursdays:
- I’m thankful for my sister-in-law volunteering to take Wesley for a few hours today. So far, I have scrubbed the toilet, sink, and bathtub; reorganized some of my craft storage boxes; done laundry; and written this blog post.
- I’m thankful that my mom doesn’t seem to mind when I text her saying I am going to come over to her house to do a craft project. I received a Land of Nod catalog in the mail yesterday that contained a photo of a cute garland of mittens and I immediately decided I would try my hand at a DIY version. I knew my mom had a giant Rubbermaid container full of felt, and a glue gun, so I came over. She even made french toast for dinner!
- I’m thankful for six-sided paper snowflake tutorials. I’ve been going a little crazy with the paper snowflakes in the last two days. (Most common paper snowflakes are 4- or 8-pointed, but if you want to be more scientifically accurate you can fold a 6-pointed snowflake!)
- I’m thankful for our public library. I am a little upset they have recently decided to let you pick up your own books-on-hold with a receipt that has the first four letters of your last name, because then I get receipts that say GUNT on them in big black letters. BUT. Despite this, I am happy to have been able to read so many wonderful books recently without requiring I purchase them. Books like The Time Traveler’s Wife, the Ender’s Game series, and the books that the Legend of the Seeker show is based off of. I love reading and getting lost in books and the public library makes this possible for me right now.
- I’m thankful that our good friends Cameron, Brianna, and their baby Piper made it to their new home on the east cost safely. I already miss them terribly and have vowed to send Christmas cards and maybe win the lottery so we can come visit.