Thomas Dolby – “She Blinded Me With Science”
Meh. Final projects/exams are upon me. I’ve got my science presentation tomorrow (wish me luck!) and then a presentation and a paper due on Friday. This week is my last week at my internship (thank god) and my stuff for Database Management and Foundation Portfolio aren’t due until next week.
Um, some things of interest:
- I took a picture of myself today. I put it on Flickr. I’m excited because a few people (like DasBecca! I feel FAMOUS!) have started adding my photos to their favorites list.
- If every household in the U.S. replaced just one 4-pack of virgin-fiber toilet paper with a 100% recycled pack, we could save 1,450,000 trees, 3.7 million cubic feet of landfill space, 89,000 pounds of pollution, and 523 million gallons of water. That amount of water is enough for 4100 families of four for a year.
- If every household in the U.S. replaced one bottle of 28oz petroleum-based dishwashing liquid (if it doesn’t say “biodegradable,” it’s probably petroleum-based) with a vegetable-based product (like the one Daniel and I use from Seventh Generation), we could save 118,700 barrels of oil. This is enough to heat and cool 6,800 U.S. homes for a year.
- I think I have most of my Christmas shopping done. I feel successful.
- I use Tom’s of Maine natural anti-cavity baking soda fluoride toothpaste in peppermint. That’s the product I’m doing my science presentation on tomorrow.
- I feel bad that all of my posts recently have been kind of… “meh,” but I’m running out of steam – hopefully things will pick up after I get out of school. Or if I start, you know, getting out of the house.
File Under: General